We couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate Women’s Month than to give 10 phenomenal women an opportunity to pose a question to her and tap into her insights and experiences.
Mentorship is a responsibility. I feel my generation has to ensure that the next generation can go much further than we did. – Wendy Luhabe
1. What was your main driver that pushed you to make a success of your life?
2. How can we make Women’s Day more meaningful, instead of regarding it as just another public holiday or an excuse to get pampered?
3. How do you observe the new African Woman of the 21st century? And if you had to make some changes to some of the things that characterize the women of today what would it be?
Project Director & Founder
The Legacy of True Beauty
4. How do I, as a young and capable woman, begin to translate my network into sponsorship, investment and recommendations without feeling discouraged along the way, especially when some of my peers can do so with ease because of their parent’s successes and affiliations?
Bongekile Zinhle Radebe
5. How much of who you are today can be likened to the woman who raised you? And is the saying ‘mothers know best’ true?
Saatchi & Saatchi
6. The hostile atmosphere which most black women in business find them selves may lead to self doubt and ultimately to one not achieving their intended purpose in a particular industry or even one leaving the industry as a whole. How would you advise women who have been in this situation from your personal experience?
Minikazi Mtati & Neli Mgangane
MM Compliance Solutions
7. How do you break the walls for women in male dominated industries that still don’t recognize the value of women? And how do you assist women who are aspiring to be entrepreneurs, are you currently grooming anyone or are you still intending to?
Community Development Practitioner
Department of Social Development
8. There is an unspoken reality of “entrepreneur depression” where some entrepreneurs end up committing suicide because of the hardships they experience on their journey to success. What advice can you give to someone experiencing “entrepreneur depression”?
Preloved Bridal Wear