Through this MoU, AWCA members and affiliates have an opportunity to partake in a Board Leadership Program.Click HERE for the brochure.The AWCA Duke Women Leading Africa Board Leadership Programme has become one of AWCA’s flagship leadership programmes. AWCA signed an MOU with Duke CE that ensures that AWCA members partake in the course at a discounted fee. Thus far, 30 women have graduated from the course.
Through this programme AWCA, together with Duke, aims to equip members with the tools needed to successfully navigate the boardrooms of Corporate SA. It is AWCA’s goal that formidable ethical leaders will be born of this programme. In its third year running, we have already seen great results from those who have participated in the programme. They have gone on to hold directorships in JSE listed companies as well as global boards.
We encourage our members to take advantage of this opportunity and register for the 2016 course.
The courses will cover the following topics extensively:
• Governance and the role of the board in Africa
• Ethical leadership and enabling high performance board
• Risk management and Audits and financial value generation
• Compliance and stakeholder engagement enabling High Performance Boards
Some of the benefits of the program include:
• Personal Leadership
• Experiential Learning
• Technical Acumen
• Real Work Applicability
• Lifelong Learning
• Women executives on a career trajectory to become new board members.
• Newly appointed board members working across the Pan African region
• Current board members who want to update their skills
Module 1: 5 and 6 April 2016
Module 2: 29 and 30 June 2016
For more information please see the attached brochure.
Click HERE for the brochure.